In this article, we have discussed the ways using which you can restore your deleted Instagram posts. In the past few updates, Instagram has come up with various new feature like Co-watching, Vanish Mode, and more. No doubt, these features are really cool and exciting to use, but when you ask us to pick one among the newly added features that have proved to be of great help, then it would be the “Recently Deleted” feature.
The newly introduced feature lets users recover the deleted contents of their Instagram account with just a few clicks. So, now you don’t need to worry about the content which has been deleted accidentally, as Instagram lets you quickly restore it. So, with all that said, let’s proceed further to the steps to recover the deleted content on Instagram.
Restore Deleted Posts on Instagram
Before we head over to the initial instructions to restore the deleted Instagram posts, please be noted that you will only be able to restore the deleted contents within 30 days of deletion, post that, your data will get deleted automatically. This rule applies to IGTV videos, reels, and posts. However, the case with Instagram Stories is a bit different, and they need to be restored within 24 hours of deletion. But if the Stories Archive feature is enabled, the 30-day window rule will apply to the Instagram Stories as well. Having said that, let’s proceed further to the instructions to recover the deleted Instagram posts.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Open the profile page and head over to the hamburger menu appearing on the upper-right corner, and tap on it.
- Now launch “Settings.”
- Head over to “Account” and open the menu “Recently Deleted.”
- The list of all the deleted items, including IGTV videos, reels, stories, and posts, will appear on your screen. For instance, if you want to restore any specific post, open it from the list and click on the 3-dot menu.
- Then, click on the “Restore” button and give a confirmation about it in the dialog box.
- You will be redirected to the authentication page, where your identity needs to be authenticated. You need to enter the OTP that you would have received on your email ID or phone number. After the verification process, your deleted Instagram post will get restored on your profile page.
So, these were the instructions on how to recover deleted images, reels, stories, and IGTV videos on Instagram. With this method, you can bring the items within 30 days of their deletion. This feature will be of great help to the individuals who might have deleted the content inadvertently and later want to recover it.
With all that said, you need to noted that the data restoration time is limited to 30 days, post that the items will get deleted from your account permanently. So, make sure to restore the required content before the window closes.
Anyway, that’s all from us for now. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any queries.